Saturday, August 3, 2013

John Gosselin New Interview, Did He Write A Book? Kate Will Never Leave Her "Tweeties"

Kate Gosselin Jon Gosselin
REALITY TEA: Jon Gosselin is FREE! Free to talk – that is – and he has a lot to say about ex-wife Kate Gosselin. In a recent interview, Jon shared, "My contract was over in September of 2012. My exclusivity? That’s done. It was done earlier, but there is a six month waiting period, then it’s wiped clean." Oy. Kate's worst nightmare. The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star also dished about finances, custody issues, and a possible tell-all book.
First,  Jon explained why he quit Jon & Kate Plus 8, their wildly popular reality TV show. "I quit the show so our divorce couldn't be filmed. So there was no video record of the demise of our marriage and the insecurity of our children." Four years later… "It's still going on now – custody battles, not agreeing, the rules, and court. It doesn't bother me though because I want to do what’s best for my kids." 
Kate is to blame for the ongoing battle according to Jon.  "I don’t know why she doesn't want to work together. I don’t know what the hate is, what the revenge is. She chose TV, she wanted to get divorced, she marketed the children. My former wife sees it as ownership and not as togetherness."
Jon continued,  "I think I sacrifice more on my end because I’m not on the network anymore. I’m not making the money I used to. I have to go to work, I have for four years. The lying, all the crap in between, is just ridiculous. I’ve seen couples work together in a divorce." Work is not very high on Jon's priority list.  "To me it’s more important to be there for your children. You have to be there, always. Your job, if they don’t understand, then they don’t really care about you as an employee. It’s family first, career, then the rest. I have had enough courage to say I’m leaving.  I don’t even think about."
Jon added,  "People say, ‘Oh, you have to have steady job to support them.’ Well, I need to support them emotionally not financially. They’ll be taken care of."  By Kate? Jon whined about the "big pile of cash" she "sits on" repeatedly. While he might be fueled by what's best for the kids, as he mentioned 100 times, he sounds bitter to me.
About finances, Jon added, "I know how much I paid for my divorce. I know how much I paid to the network for getting sued [for quitting]. I know how much I paid out in lawyers. I know what I owe, which is astronomical, but it’s done. I can’t do anything about it. It’s a guilt on my part and my shoulders, and I don’t know if I’ll ever make that much money again. And I don’t necessarily care. I have to take care of myself." Does Jon regret quitting the show?  "It was a horrible business decision. I destroyed everything but it was a moral thing. And any time morals are involved, you know there is going to be huge sacrifice. But [the kids] are free now. I’m free now."
About KateJon said, "I've never burned my ex-wife in the public. If I wanted to, I would have made millions of dollars in 2009. I protected the sanctity of our family. You want to go out there and burn me? You go ahead but you’re not protecting the sanctity of your family. You’re not protecting your children’s lives. You’re just burning their father in the press." Now that Jon is free to talk?  "Do I want to?  Sure, and I have every possible piece of documentation needed to back myself."
Jon went on to say that he's no longer afraid of Kate or TLC. He continued, "I haven’t spoken in four years, so now I’m doing stuff and it is all coming out because I don’t care anymore. I’m not under injunction anymore. I think that’s the fear of the network and the fear of my former wife but the truth is actually going to come out because one day, I’m just going to snap." Finally, Jon teased, "I wrote a book but I’m not sure I want to publish it now. It has a lot of stuff going on, legality wise, I mean it would pretty much sum up everything.

Kate Gosselin Promises to 'Never Leave' Her 'Tweeties', and They Love It!

GATHER: Kate Gosselin sounds as though she might be trying to strike a deal with her fans on social networking. The reality TV mom of eight, who has joined modern "tweeting society" as she puts it, sent out a message on Saturday that is cute and definitely a way to say she wants to stay in the spotlight for a while longer.
The quote Kate re-tweeted is from the romantic movie "The Notebook", which was originally a book by Nicholas Sparks. If you saw it, then you already know it's super-cheesy-but-oh-so-sweet.
Here's what Kate said:
"Hey tweeties, do we have a deal? :) XO RT @Notebook: I promise to stay if you promise to never leave."
Despite all the hate Kate gets, it seems that her followers are definitely in on this deal and want to see more of Kate Gosselin and her children in the future. Many of them tweeted their reply with the word "Deal!" showing just how much they love Kate and her eight.
Do you think Kate should stay in the spotlight? Will it be good for her kids as they get older?

4 comments:

  1. I used to have hope for Jon. Now -- not much.

    He sounds bitter and vindictive. With this attitude it's hard to believe he's a good influence on his children. He's perfectly willing to let Kate be the sole supporter of his children. To me it sounds like a deadbeat dad whose really not crazy about working. He whined about missing his twenties and his thirties are rapidly slipping away.

    Too bad he blew all that money before/after the divorce, he might not be so far in debt now.
    It's hard to imagine him changing now.

    I do hope there is another tv show in Kate's future with or without the kids-- but it sure would be nice to see how they have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon sadly doesn't get it. He was spiraling because he couldn't cope with his 2008 life including the fame, money, having a wife that was outearning him. He couldn't cope and he and Kate were in totally different worlds emotionally. The people he was turning to for support like Michael Lohan, the girlfriends, the lawyer, etc were often looking out for themselves and leading him into some even worse decisions. He is a follower by nature, thats why when things were going well, he and Kate were a great team, but as she spent more and more time on book tours, he quit his day job which also provided structure, and he was surrounded with money, he couldn't cope and Kate couldn't cope with him. Sadly now there are consequences for those choices that he is paying.
    He is so contradictory. He keeps saying that Kate needs to get out of the spotlight and live a normal life working a 40 hour job. Now he says that him doing that means he rarely can SEE his kids, attend sporting events, etc and that he can barely afford them on week ends. How then can he be expecting Kate to do it 24/7. I am not saying she can't, only that it is hypocritical for him to say that when he isn't even paying support. He also says he's stayed silent for 4 years and never burned Kate. Being on Nancy Grace trying to sue for custody when she was on DWTS, Going on national tv saying he dispises Kate, emptying out checking accounts. I don't know what in his mind "burning Kate" means, but I'd hate to find out. If he really did have proof of abuse, etc, it would have come out long ago when he wanted custody of the kids, I mean their bank accounts.
    I also question his some of his parenting attitudes. He sees no need to monitor internet access, thinks the kids read Us Weekly in school and isn't doing anything about it(I strongly think its Weekly Reader or US News Weekly, but he thinks its the tabloid and hasn't questioned it) I also question how well he supervises the gun he carries. (I am in no way saying he should not have the right to carry it, only that his other behavior and comments make me nervous that accidents could happen.
    I do feel bad for him and feel that along with his negative attributes, he has positive ones and needs to be a part of his kids' lives. It just makes it that much harder on their mother when she has to deal with his issues on top of the unique situations that the family faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrina and tashapork: I so totally agree with you.

    Jon will never understand even the basics...like kids have to be fed, clothed, educated, and the list goes on...all of which require money, provided by working. He seems to have had a good father and mother, but somewhere along the line they failed to instill a work ethic in him. He got his share of the marital assets and promptly blew through them. I'm afraid he'll always be whining and crying and expecting to be rescued and supported.

    It amazes me that he continues to find women to support him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone! I hope that everyone has had a great Summer. Its been very busy with the kids and all of their activities as well as my own. How has everything been going? Im really excited for Kate on the Cover of People again and fresh paper has arrived. Please come join me on the next thread!

    ReplyDelete