Sacarlett Johansen fetching a whopping $41,000 for just a dinner at a recent charity auction in the UK, Kate was smart to take advantage of this opportunity to show those constant naysayers her charitable side and try for herself to help Terry Irwin for her foundation. How do you think Kate will do? And how wonderful is it that she gets to visit Australia again, this time for such a wonderful cause.. take that haters! ..BM
Steve Irwin Day, November 12th, 2011: The annual Steve Irwin Day Gala Dinner celebrates the life and legacy of the original Wildlife Warrior - Steve Irwin. All proceeds from this fundraising dinner go towards Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors, so that we can continue the conservation work Steve was so passionate about and continue to keep his dream alive. Our goal in 2011 is to continue to keep Steve's dream alive; to celebrate the life of the one and only Crocodile Hunter and raise vital funds for Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors.
LUNCH WITH KATE GOSSELIN, STAR OF KATE PLUS 8A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you and 9 friends to dine with Kate Gosselin at the multi-award winning Chalk Hotel in Brisbane, plus a signed copy of her book.
10 Parenting Lessons We Learned from Kate Gosselin: Parentables.com
1. Take Control: Order is possible in the midst of chaos. Kate's keen sense of organization makes daily adventures with her eight kids a reality.
2. Get Organized: Organize as much of the chaos that you can, and just roll with the rest. We've always admired how she could mobilize eight kids in under a half hour when it takes us 20 minutes to get our little urchins out the door.
3. Hit the Road: Education doesn't have to happen in school. Kate takes education where ever they go...she is a closet homeschooler!
4. Teach Your Children Well: Kate makes education fun, and she incorporates it into everything they do -- even vacations. The kids learn in hands-on environments, giving them lessons that will last a lifetime
8. Pay Attention: Kate taught us that each child, no matter how many you have, is deserving of your undivided attention. She makes it a priority to have one-on-one dates, cook together, read stories--despite the fact that she is strapped for time.
9. Be Yourself: Kate taught us to make room for ourselves. Having kids doesn't mean you lose yourself--you can still run, dance, and enjoy life.
10. Enjoy the Moment: We are reminded by Kate Gosselin that the beautiful thing about being a parent is that it keeps you real. Even a person who is a celebrity in the eyes of the world is just "mom" to their kids. Successes, achievements, awards, and honors are nothing compared to the hug of a child who loves you.