Watch The Big Apple Sneak Peek Here! 10 Reasons for Admiring Kate Gosselin. Can We Abide by Grandma's Rules?
Kate Gosselin is a polarizing person. Few people are neutral when hearing her name. It seems to be either people love her or hate her with not too many people in the middle. This is a blog where the Gosselin kids are adored. It's also a place where you can express nice things about Kate or Jon My 10 Reasons for Admiring Kate Gosselin 1. She has no problem voicing her opinions. No passive aggressive junk here. You know exactly where you stand and exactly where she stands on issues.
2. She can say she was wrong and can apologize. She's not perfect. She did not talk very kindly when speaking to Jon about issues during their marriage. She has repeatedly (4 times I can cite) said that was wrong. Life goes on! If you are perfect, please start a blog and sell your secrets to perfection.
3. She realizes that you cannot go backwards. You can only move forwards. Neither parenting nor life comes with a manual for perfection.
4. She values life and a healthy lifestyle. No selective reductions. No surviving on junk food. Exercise helps you stay fit. Healthy food helps you stay fit. She'll drive 40 miles for organic foods. She knows to pack vitamins for trips where she and the kids will not be eating organic. Healthy bodies begin with exercise and eating healthy.
5. She looks for growth in herself as a person and is not afraid to step out of her comfort zone to look for new opportunities. Yes, $$ from DWTS were great but it was certainly outside her comfort zone.
6. She values motherhood highly and recognizes that taking time out to nurture yourself increases not only your self esteem but additionally revitalizes you for the next round. Mani's, pedi's, and spa days are a good thing! Women are entitled to respect and taking care of themselves whether they are SAHMs, WMoms, SMoms, or DMoms!
7. She recognizes the differences in her children and celebrates their unique interests and abilities. Example Colin has a need to be not only helpful but to organize things.
8. She realizes that good parenting is living as an example, setting goals, and setting limits. She can have fun with her children and play but doesn't have to be a playmate. Parenting comes before being a pal.
9. She can set and enforce rules. She does not appear to be the type to say "No TV for a week and then give in later." Nor can I imagine her saying for the 10th time, "If you do that just one more time, I'm sending you to timeout!" Children need to know limits, respect rules and authority, and learn that life comes with consequences.
10. Her laugh makes me smile all over. It grates on some people, that is understood. Not me. You can see it start in her smile and spread to her whole body.
You are invited to comment on Kate’s attributes that you agree with and feel free to add more. While I’m the babysitter for this blog, I ask that you think good thoughts and not express the negatives.
Do you have 10 Reasons that you Admire Jon? If so, I invite you to express them here. As they are listed, I will update the post and add them below. At one time, I was a huge admirer of Jon. Personally I have found little to rejoice or celebrate with him in the last year. In the interest of fairness, I'll like to do the 10 Reasons for Jon also. (Jon's list is now posted below.) 10 Reasons for Admiring Jon Gosselin (According to Readers Here)
1. Despite being in situations that would make most people run away and hide, he does stay involved with, and loves his kids.
2. Jon is a playful loving father. He takes the kids places and buys them things Kate wouldn't.
3. Jon is providing a voice to men in relationships that don't have a voice.
4. He is finding himself and exercising the right to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Jon typically has good intentions, even when he goes about them the wrong way and they blow up in his face.
5. I like when I see him bend down to their (kids') level to talk to them. I don't see a lot of Dads do that. He treats his kids like children and interacts with them like a father should.
6. I heard Jon trying not to bash Kate even though the Rabbi was pushing him that way. From what I have seen of recent (days), Jon is working on not bashing Kate in public.
7. He stood up against TLC; It seems it's still a work in progress; I think he's trying to get them off "tv" and I applaud that.
8. I think Jon is funny (as in entertaining.)
9. I am so proud of Jon because he has come full circle and is back with the kids; They will always need a strong Father in their life.
10. Jon worked well as a team with Kate during the marriage.