Kate Gosselin Is Going to the Emmys?! : E!Online.com
And we're happy to report that things seem to be coming along quite nicely. Make that quite hilariously. We just got some major scoopage on plans for the big show, happening on August 29. We're not going to spoil things by revealing everything, but one thing that really caught us off guard is…Kate Gosselin! So what on earth doe she have to do with the television industry's most important night of the year? Read on...If all goes as planned right now, the notorious reality TV mom of eight is going to be at the Emmys. Why? It's not like she's nominated for anything, right? And nope, she's not a presenter.
We'll tell you this: you must must must watch the start of the show. If what we know actually happens, host Jimmy Fallon is going to kill it right out of the gate. And that includes an all too familiar Kate Gosselin getting thisclose to some of today's biggest and brightest television stars. And thankfully, Gosselin doesn't take herself too seriously—at least she won't be on Emmy night.
Palin, Kate Gosselin TV Show Confirmed: MyFoxPhilly.com
Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin and reality TV mom Kate Gosselin will appear together in a special episode of Palin's new series on TLC. But what's creating a buzz on the Internet is a report the two celebrity moms didn't hit it off on a camping trip. The National Enquirer claims Kate Gosselin stormed off a camping trip with the Palins after two hours when she was told her bathroom facilities would be a plastic bucket. Later, paparazzi photos showed the Gosselin family looking tired on their way back to Wernersville, Pa. from Los Angeles and Alaska.
That story is getting more press on the Internet than TLC's announcement of Palin's series. The network told TV critics that its new multi-million dollar series, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," will debut in November and Kate Gosselin will be featured in one episode. TLC President Eileen O'Neill said that the Palin family "graciously shared their Alaska with the Gosselin family," and confirmed their adventures will be part of an episode of Palin's reality show. The show will reportedly have the Gosselins fishing and hiking with the Palins. The network didn't comment about the Gosselins camping with Palin, after reports for weeks that the two celebrity moms camped together. It should make for interesting television, since Gosselin had issues camping with her eight children on "Jon & Kate Plus 8."
The National Enquirer story is also stirring up a ton of Internet buzz. When Palin's TV show was announced last spring, there were also reports that Gosselin was dismissive of the show and bragged she sold more books that Palin. Palin is also reportedly getting $1 million an episode of the 8-part series, dwarfing Gosselin's salary for her two TLC shows.
5 Things "New BFFs" Sarah Palin and Kate Gosselin Have In Common?: Babble.com
So what other things do these new besties have in common? Here’s five things:
1. They’re both bestselling authors. Gosselin published her first book, “Multiple Blessings,” two years ago, while Palin’s “Going Rogue” was a bestseller in late 2009.
2. They’re both trailblazers. Palin was only the second woman to run for vice president. Gosselin and her ex-husband, Jon, are one of just a handful of U.S> couples to successfully conceive and birth sextuplets.
3. They both have shows on TLC. Gosselin’s “Jon & Kate Plus 8″ started its run on Discovery Health before moving to TLC, where it was one of the top programs on cable last year. Palin’s new Alaska-focused reality show will debut on TLC on Nov. 14.
4. They both come from big families. Palin has three siblings, while Gosselin has five.
5. They both have a famous “look.” Palin’s glasses became her trademark during the 2008 campaign. Gosselin’s asymmetrical hair has drawn more attention than most presidential mandates over the past two years.
What's Tonight For Dinner at our house? Why Kate's Meatloaf of course!